Not all products available in the shop front store will be visible online. As time moves forward we will be adding product from the shop front store to our online store.
There will also be some products available online that will not be available in the shop front store (as they are sent direct from the warehouse).
You can access the following documents:
Find a Product
The search tool is very powerful and can respond to information stored in a range of fields. You can search by a brand, title or any key word, such as wood.
- Collections are another way to find product(s).
- The main collections are based on our theme of Play, Learn and Create, with additional sub collections under those main headings and a General collection and age collections.
- The collections are a guide only to assist you find product, and naturally some items may be listed in more than one collection. Please check each product carefully and select appropriately for your child.
- We do have a number of products suitable for all of the family as well such as outdoor and indoor games.
- Age Category. The age category is to assist you to find toys. Check the individual product item if you need to clarify the age listed on the product. A range of factors such as the interests of a child and their level of development that will influence the choice of a toy. Please contact us if you need to clarification for a particular item.
Sort and filter
- You can change the order of products you see (alphabetic, price, best-selling and featured).
- To reduce the number of products to scroll, you can filter by a collection such as a particular age group.
- The filter options available respond according to the collection you are searching.
Torquay Toys Information
To assist your visit to our online store or shop front, the following information is provided for you. Please contact us for further assisstance.
Your purchases will be shipped as soon as possible using a national carrier. Although we can ship to all states, some remote areas may either be not available or will require a surcharge to be paid - please contact us with your PostCode so that we can assist you. There may be times that your purchases will be sent in more than one package, in which case we will inform you and provide more than one tracking code. Free shipping is provided if you spend more than $150 total in the shopping cart in one transaction. Packages less than 5 kg will be $9.50 and greater than 5 kg up to 25 Kg will be $19.50.
You can purchase online and select click and collect. Note: Not all items available online will be available instore. This enables you to browse through the items online and make a purchase. The items can then be collected from the next day at the Torquay store. For busy people that can speed up your purchases or enable you to shop without an extra pair of eyes watching. You may click and collect free of charge. Any item listed in the online store that is not available for click and collect, will be available from our warehouse. However you may choose an alternative product or refund if that is not suitable.
You may layby products at the shop front store only. A layby agreement will be provided for you which includes the terms and conditions of the layby at Torquay Toys. You can see a copy of our layby agreement above on this web page. Payments made for your layby are tracked in our Point of Sale software and a receipt is issued at each payment made. An up to date receipt can be emailed to you at any time upon request.
We may offer you a store credit if you change your mind or if a repeat gift has been purchased. Please read our refund policy on this web site or check with us.
Product generally will be not listed online when it is out of stock, unless readily available from warehouse. On the very rare occasion an item may sell in our retail store before it is picked for an online order. If this happens we will contact you as soon as the issue is discovered to give you the choice of waiting on restock, substitute to an alternative product or refund. Please be understanding that we are human and from time to time error or misfortune may affect your order.
Some items are ONLY available online and other items are ONLY available in our shop front store.
If you require a product that is out of stock or not listed on the web site, please contact us to check on its availability. You may be able to pre-order it or we can advise when it will be in stock.
Certainly you may request us to hold an item for you. However an item will generally only be held until the close of business on a given day (unless an exception is made by our management). You may of course pay over the phone or use our click and collect system to secure an item. Another alternative is to use our lay-by system.
PCI compliant shopping cart. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an information security standard for organizations that handle credit card and debit card information. Defined by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, the standard was created to increase controls around credit card data to reduce credit card fraud via its exposure.
These rules include: encryption, which guards against eavesdropping data integrity, which assures that your communications aren't tampered with during transmission and authentication, which verifies that the party actually receiving your communication is who it claims to be.